Left handed sear

Help building,making,repairing or customizing your knife

Left handed sear

Postby bunkyz52 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Hello again, finally back from struggling with a disagreeable heart. I need some help with a project I started a while back and I'd like to finish it before I can't. It's a present to my wife called Ebony & Ivory. A double that the blades pivot from the same end. Problem is I need a left hand sear and my eyes aren't good enough to make my own anymore. If someone could help I will more than glad to pay for your trouble. I'm Thanks in advance
bunkyz52

Re: Left handed sear

Postby Rubens Blades » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:44 pm

The best way that I know of is to use the reddish colored sears that are for sale on the site. The are much longer than standard and can be made into a lefty pretty easily.
Rubens Blades

Postby bunkyz52 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Hello, thanks for your response. I'll give that a try. I attempted to do that once before and it I ended up getting a hair trigger. I'll cut out a channel in the liner and try again. Thanks again
bunkyz52

Postby Rubens Blades » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Yup,that is the only way I know how to do it easily. Also remember that you can sand down the part of the button arm that sits on the liner a bit. Gives you a little more.
Rubens Blades

Postby bunkyz52 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:40 am

Hello, that's why you're Rubens Blades and I'm not, lol. Your advice on shaving down the button arm makes sense and I don't know why I didn't think of it. I can probably gain a 32nd by doing that. It doesn't sound like much but it might be the difference between success and failure. Thanks for your advice it's probably just what I need to make it work. Happy building
bunkyz52

Return to Ask Rubens Blades