Maintaining Zebrawood Scales!

Help building,making,repairing or customizing your knife

Maintaining Zebrawood Scales!

Postby Madmarco » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:52 am

Hey Guys! Just wondering if anyone could advise me on what substance to apply to Zebrawood scales, to help preserve them? I've read about anything from mineral oil to Pledge Furniture Wax, for other types of wood scales, but can't find anything specific about Zebrawood! Any help is appreciated, thx, Mark! 8-)
Madmarco

Re: Maintaining Zebrawood Scales!

Postby Rubens Blades » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:30 pm

I use WD-40. It cleans and makes the wood shine.
Rubens Blades

Postby Madmarco » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:51 pm

TYVM Rueben! I just got this beast from JB on Friday, and I couldn't be more pleased! The knife is FAR nicer in person than in the pictures! You my friend are a TRUE craftsman! Can hardly wait to hear from JB regarding removing the blade instead of the spring, for shipping to Canada, on an Omerta 9"er, I want to purchase next, that has a fixed pivot pin, due to Canada Customs performing their "flicking" knives open bullshit, and thus allowing them to seize them as prohibited knives! They are opening folders as much as 3/4 of the way,(illegally, btw, but who has the $ to fight the government) and "flicking" them open the rest of the way, and classifying them as "flick" knives! You can virtually open ANY folder that much, and flick it open! I can walk down any street in Canada with my 18" Gil Hibben Arkansas Toothpick Bowie strapped to my leg, and not get hassled, but God forbid I open a folder with a button, or a flick, or a flipper, DUH! Thx again for the info, I want to show this baby as much TLC as possible! Mark. 8-)
Madmarco

Postby Rubens Blades » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Nice!!….and we are working to make things easier for you guys up there. :D
Rubens Blades

Return to Ask Rubens Blades