from this to this

Share your collection and things you make

from this to this

Postby stagnut » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:28 am

Imperial toothpick I picked up because I liked the color of the bone and it looked warm. For now it has a queen blade on it, I have a friend making me a blade to swap out. The knife feels great in your hands, nothing like aged hand worn scales :D
Attachments
imperial tp back open after.jpg
imperial tp back open after.jpg (26.44 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
imperial tp front after.jpg
imperial tp front after.jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
imperial tp front.jpg
imperial tp front.jpg (74.75 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
stagnut

Re: from this to this

Postby Rubens Blades » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:59 am

Sorry I missed this. Is that a conversion with a new blade? If so,man you have some serious patience and skills. :D
Rubens Blades

Re: from this to this

Postby stagnut » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Thank you very much for the nice comment !
It is a conversion . but the blade is from a Queen. I have some blades for the Queen Jet 25 knives. So I used one of them. The kick spring and sear are handmade And I used the Queen plunger system for opening. The sear is hard to make. I take some 1/4" round stock and put it in my drill press and basically hold a file on it until it fits in the hole in the blade. Then I use sand paper to get rid of the rough spots . turn it around and file it until it fits in the hole I make in the front liner which is round on 2 sides and flat on the other 2 that way the sear doesnt turn when the knife is closed or the sear turns it would just open. then I file just a little bit down from the top so the button will fit on it. I them hold it in my dremel and buff the crap of both end so its shiny ,then heat treat and temper it. I had another knife guy make me some of the sears because he has a mill and a lathe but they were expensive. I kept one so I know the mine are close in size.
Sorry I didnt write this sooner. I appreciate your comment Thank You.
There are some knives I find easy and others that just wind up in the parts box
stagnut

Return to Knife Blade Pictures