Yo JB. Can you help me with this. ??

Channel & Sandwich Construction Models

Re: Yo JB. Can you help me with this. ??

Postby genetik_defekt » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:09 am

Cr1atm wrote:I think so. Not sure what u mean by rotate 90°. If you mean try it upside down, yes I tried that. But there is no other way it would even fit in the handle other than the way it's supposed to and upside down. Needless to say it didn't work at all. It doesn't fit properly, upside down I mean. Oh, and a much simpler way of explaining what I did, for all intensive purposes, I used a "shim", made of duct tape, to put in between the arm of the black plastic piece and the spring, on both sides of the spring. And again, once I eliminated any side to side play the spring had, it works like a champ. Not sure why the design is not made to hug the spring tighter. Is this black plastic piece used for other things that maybe it works better for? I sure can't figure out why it would be designed like this, for this latch. Oh yea. Just wanted to say after I filed the tang pin WAY down, and made it more narrow so that the knife can be locked open, I noticed what seemed like a huge change in weight and balance. I'm sure in reality there wasn't a huge change, but it sure felt that way when flipping. Also the latch installment changed the balance. Obviously. No big deal, just needed to adjust and get accustomed to the new weight. But wanted to mention it as it was unexpected.

Rotate 90 degrees, upside down. I lol'd
genetik_defekt

Postby deadsapien » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:37 am

WD40 corrode metal? You have to stop listening to idiots.
deadsapien

Postby deadsapien » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:46 am

Alias wrote:Put the top pin in the bali first (the one the spring would go around),You put the plastice piece facing so that the "u" is facing out, and the solid bottom is resting on that piece. Then, put that spring in there along with the piston, putting the little stem of the piston into the spring. Now heres the tricky part, grab your latch and the other pin, make sure the screws out, carefully press the piston down with one of the detents in the latch. Doesnt matter the position of the latch (latched or unlatched) just do whatevers easier for you. Once you get the latchs hole to line up with the bottom hole, hold it with one hand and use the other hand to put the pin in. Do NOT let go until the pin is in! Trust me, the piston will go fucking flyyying. Like that lil fucker will fly through saudi arabi and land in east bumfuck. Then just screw the pin in and youre done. Don't use wd-40 anywhere on a bali really, get some militec 1 lubricant or really any mineral lubricant. Wd-40 just sucks in grime and it's not a lubricant it's a water displacer. It can also corrode steel from what I hear, if on it long enough of course, which is pretty fucking cool, but bad for a bali.

WD-40 is an oil... a very thin oil, that creeps, into tight spaces. It is a lube, just a poor, short lived one. It does not corrode metal, it just doesn't last long, and metal will corrode,when it dries out.
deadsapien

Postby Cr1atm » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:17 pm

Yea. Thanks for that. I was gonna say, I took a gunsmith class and I'm pretty sure they would tell you if wd40 corroded metal. Never heard that before I'm my life. Still "lol-ing" ?
Cr1atm

Postby deadsapien » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:57 am

Parrots... they repeat words, but they don't know what they mean.
deadsapien

Postby Roadsideimports » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:42 am

WD-40 is the trademark name of a penetrating oil and water-displacing spray.

You can use Zippo Lighter Fluid or Ronson lighter fluid, they have just enough oil and also clean things.

Then you can use just about any oil vegetable, olive, hemp, palm, coconut, anything metals all act differently depending on the makeup and what it contact, if it does not work, flush it with Rubbing alcohol or soapy water and use something else.

It is not complicated, not rocket science it is trial and error and patient to things. Most people are impatient and thus is the root of the real problem.
Roadsideimports
Site Admin

Postby Alias » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Hmm, thanks for the correction guys, I knew it was an oil, and I actually use it a lot, Although I have seen instances of people using it to loosen watch bracelets to adjust them and they corroded, must have been another factor.
Alias

Postby Jackssurvival » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:16 am

To much oil will make dust and debris. Stick to the parts and actually cause more friction i use otis clp then wipe off the excess or lucas gun oil that my wife got me from napa
Jackssurvival

Postby Jackssurvival » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:17 am

To much oil will make dust and debris. Stick to the parts and actually cause more friction i use otis clp then wipe off the excess or lucas gun oil that my wife got me from napa
Jackssurvival

Previous

Return to Balisong Butterfly Knives