Dark Angel 5" kit threaded tang pins

Channel & Sandwich Construction Models

Dark Angel 5" kit threaded tang pins

Postby Youssefa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:51 pm

Hello All,

First time "knife builder". Just received the beautiful Dark Angel Clip point AUS 8 Ti Bearing kit. Everything looks great. Assembly seemed straight forward, until I got to the tang pins. These pins are male / female screw together style. One set of the female tang pins is Stripped. I am a little confused. I was told BY JB to mushroom the end to prevent the pin from sliding out....hmmmmm The pin is 2 pieces with nothing holding the 2 halves together.(ie threads)... So What to do?

I could insert the female side of the tang pin into the blade and then use punch to flare the pin into internal sides of te pin hole to secure it firmly, but now what do I do with the male (screw) side of the equation? Use JB weld? Epoxy? Anyone have any ideas?

I am hopeful that someone will havea n IDEA, but tyhe last post on here was in August.
Youssefa

Re: Dark Angel 5" kit threaded tang pins defective

Postby Roadsideimports » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:46 pm

You are dealing with fine thread, it is very easy to cross thread things. Being patient, calm, relaxed, and slow are what is needed and do not use excessive force. When you do strip them due to cross threading you can use a tap and retap things or use teflon tape to wrap the screw, you are right you can always glue them together and last order a new one since the part is not that expensive.
Roadsideimports
Site Admin

Re: Dark Angel 5" kit threaded tang pins

Postby Youssefa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:35 pm

"""SOLVED"""
Youssefa

Return to Balisong Butterfly Knives