HARDEST KICKING ITALIAN STYLE PUSH BUTTON UNDER 12"

Help building,making,repairing or customizing your knife

HARDEST KICKING ITALIAN STYLE PUSH BUTTON UNDER 12"

Postby twstdmtltwstd » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:15 pm

I am wondering everyone's (input on their own) personal opinion of the hardest kicking Italian (under 12 inches) push button currently available.
I have the opportunity to choose one and only one and would love to own a thriller.
Two categories seem probable - 1) 8" to 10" inches and 2) 11 inches
I Hope this is a suitable category to post this question
twstdmtltwstd

Re: HARDEST KICKING ITALIAN STYLE PUSH BUTTON UNDER 12"

Postby sammy da blade » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Hardest kicker I ever had was a 9" pic lock by AB
sammy da blade

Postby Rubens Blades » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:12 pm

The hardest kick I have seen are the 5mm swing guards we came up with. Some kick like a .22 pistol.
Rubens Blades

Postby sammy da blade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:52 pm

I like a good snap on a knife but I don't want it so hard that if I let someone fire it that it jumps out of the hand.
sammy da blade

Postby Madmarco » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:51 am

Up until the 11"- 5mm lockback that I got 2 days ago, that Chad built, my hardest kicker was my 11"- Exiled picker, also built by Chad, but now, it is DEFINITELY this new lockback! This knife has such a strong spring that I was having trouble pushing the square brass button, due to the pressure it was exerting on the catch. I tried trimming my thumb nail so I could use the entire pad of my thumb to push, but it was still very difficult. It wasn't until I used a drop of Quick Release in the catch hole, closed the blade, and turned the knife upside down, so the oil could drip onto the sear, that I was able to successfully push the button enough to clear the hole. Now I can push the button easier, and this thing fires like a .38 pistol, so much so, that it virtually twists my wrist when it opens. I should have expected this considering who built it! There are pics of the knife under, "Knife Blade Pictures". If I'm not mistaken, the smaller the knife, the harder the kick, but I could be wrong. 8-)
Madmarco

Return to Ask Rubens Blades